Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Saturday, August 14, 2010

You look like a chicken ...

On wednesday as I was doing 50 things in the barn at once when Pepper who was standing behind me said, 'Danella you look like a chicken.'

I replied, 'Do I Pepper?'

She said, 'Yes' and Harvey added, 'You do.'

I turned to face them more with my hand on my nose and said is it because of my beak?'

They both replied, 'No' and moved back behind me and left me wondering.

Pepper then said, 'Your bottom looks like a chicken.'

Then Finn agreed, 'Yeah, it does.'

All five children were now behind me looking at my bottom and telling me I looked like a chicken and laughing. 

My mind boggled.  What on earth about my bottom looks chicken like?

With that thought, I put my hand to my right hip and came to touch my gloves in my back pocket.

The children all obviously transfixed said in response to this moment, 'Yeah'

... and I suddenly got it.

In my back pocket with the fingers sticking out were my red gloves. 

Fingers all askew like the comb on a chickens head!

Yes I did look like a chicken and it was my bottom in the most innocent and nicest of ways.

No comments: