Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just like me ...

So there we were this morning at the chicken coops.  Oliver, Frankie, Samson and I, when I knew I needed a toilet detour on our way back to the barn.

'I need to go to the toilet on the way back, would you all mind walking up there with me?' I asked.

'Why?' asked Oliver.
'I need to go to the toilet.' I replied.
'Why?' asked Oliver
'I need to wee.' I answered.
'Why?' asked Oliver.
' .. because if I don't I might wet my pants.' I answered.

Well Oliver laughed so hard at that he fell flat on his bottom in front of me.  Picking himself up while still laughing he came right up to me and looked into my face and said, 'danella, that's just like me!'


Oliver munching on a carrot we'd picked from the vege patch

Frankie came along today dressed from head to toe in pink ... and mighty proud or her satorial elegance.  At one point in the day I said, 'Your like a little chicken Frankie.' To which she replied without a seconds delay, 'No I'm not, I'm a pink sheep.'


Frankie milking Heather the cow


How's that for a spinach leaf to feed the chickens with?


Samson spent the whole day beaming love on us all, mostly quietly, he was  like little walking UV lamp.  Very happy and content, one look from him, little eyes twinkling, crinkly smile and you'd warm from head to toe.  At one point I said, 'Samson, your big blue eyes are so full of love.' He took a moment and said, 'They're not blue.'  I asked, 'What are they then?'  He took a moment and said, 'Well I don't know, they're just not blue.'

Our day continued ...

What do you do when you stumble across some work men, a pile of sand, a hose, a tumbler (cement mixer) on a sunny day?  Well throw down your picnic blanket and watch what they get up to of course ...



Oliver loves the windmill and today he stood on the shadow while he watched the mill turn, fascinated by the shadown turning as well.  Quite a magical little interaction and fascinating to witness.






The aim is to get up to the hill so you can enjoy the thrill of running down, both things in action here ...








No comments: