Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Friday, March 19, 2010

I can do it myself!

Well after weeks of persisting with the desire to be able to climb into the Peppercorn tree, Dawn finally made it ... ... ALL BY HERSELF!

The best thing being, she has had Elodie for inspiration, who has bounded up the tree each week and then turned and offered her hand and her words of encouragement for Dawn so that she could get there too.

This has added depth to a friendship bond, Elodie encouraging and Dawn really reaching out to her friend for help...strength meeting strength and both so good for each other.

Having stopped giving the girls any help a month to 6 weeks ago as it was obvious they needed only my faith, encouragement and patience for their efforts more than anything, it was the best in terms of sense of her own acheivement that Dawn could have had.
Dawn's 'acceptance' speech, (well spontaneous proclamation while realising what she had done)...

'I got up by myself.  That's because I'm not a baby anymore.  Babies grow up to be children and children grow up to be adults and when they are adults, they get to do adult things.'

Elodies response...

'Hey, I'm coming too Dawn-ee.'


From Collages


Magnus in the guinea pig house this morning after a long gentle cuddle noticed flies and looks up at me and says, 'Ella put my guinea pig back, I'm going to catch flies.'

As I took his little friend, he bounced off the seat and went straight into fly catching mode.  Very funny.

Daisy now calls me what sounds from a distance like 'A-yay-a' and when I'm up close, 'A-un-ya' and tells me all through the day what her next move is or what she is asking of another, she smiles from the tips of her toes upwards until it's all over her face.

Jock cruised through the day like our resident grandfather, he has such a steady way about him.  He's like the wise one with a gentle word here and a kind word there, very soothing presence to have round.

He and Magnus were a delight with their little exploration and bug discovery... ...both so proud to have found such fascinating little creature for us all to see.


No comments: