Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beetles, bugs and 'bendy eyes' ...

So missing last friday, (good friday) and both Elodie and Dawn were a little trepidatious about climbing the Peppercorn tree and doing it 'by themselves'. We got over that hump with a lot of 'Yes, you can's said out loud... ...and Elodie presented me with her fourth or fifth beetle of the day. 

She is a real hoot, she finds them, watches them, picks them up and is so dexterous she can actually hold them by their a front leg... ...almost like one leg in each hand like she has a dancing partner.  'Wook at moi beedle' she says... ...and after a moment or two, 'I fink I'll take it wif me'.  Down the garden path with her beetle she goes and it soon becomes part of the day at the farm with us. Only for Elodie to flash it at me on occasion so I know it is still travelling with us for a while.

              
'Wook at moi beedle.'                                                  'Still got it.' 

Magnus and Daisy were fascinated by the sheeps poo.  Either one would find one, announce it and then they would both drop to their haunches in deep discussion about the poo.  Hmm, whose poo?  It's a big one. Yes. It's not smelly. Yes. Where did it come from?


Jock would soon join in and it was like a little conference of important matters that went on with each poo we encountered... ... ...and there were plenty.

He was so funny, out of the blue he produced a gold cadillac, (toy size) of course and I wondered where it had come from.  I asked, 'Where did you get that Jock?'  He replied, putting his hand to his chest to show me who and said, 'Me'.  He'd been carrying it all along in his pocket and just felt it was time to show us all.

Dawn at one point today was putting her sandals on, back to front and at the same time, Elodie put her shoes on, back to front.  I suggested to Dawn that maybe they would be more comfy if we swapped her shoes onto the other feet.  No, this wasn't going to happen, after all Elodie had the same, so maybe it was me that didn't know about shoes on feet.  Afer more conversation when they decided it might be a good idea, Dawn told me heaps about her feet and arms and other body bits and in amongst it all mentioned 'bendy eyes'.  I asked her who has 'bendy eyes'. She looked and said, 'No one'  I asked her what are 'bendy eyes' wondering about what it was she was saying and she answered.  You get them in your toes from the grass and they hurt... ...the penny dropped.  She had got down to her toes when telling me about body parts and just rolled on into telling me about 'bendy eyes', with her explanation I of course realised, bindi eyes!


From Collages

 

No comments: