Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Monday, December 13, 2010

Diggers and dirt ...


We got stopped a bit on our travels today by diggers and dirt.  There is such a lot of work going on at the farm, stables extending, toilets extending, holes in the ground and diggers and dirt.

Oliver loved them.  He also spent the whole day fascinated by every Peacock call he heard.  He'd lift his head each time he heard one and ask me, 'What's that?'  Eventually we both peacock called each other, which he found very funny.


He was along today with Ilan, Isabel, Minnie, Omkara, Tommy and Tom.  Phew quite the crew, though the two tiniest of all ... ... Minnie and Tommy I knew were only along for part of the day.

Meanwhile, we visited the witches garden and played cubbies and climbed.  We saw the horses in the stables and visited the guinea pigs too.  We also spent ages in what is usually the goat paddock just taking it easy.

Minnie picking little yellow flowers and presenting me with each one, 'Daisy' she'd say, and give me one and then make sure I put it in my bag.  Eventually she just got them and put them straight in my bag. I think I pulled about 8 or more out when I got home.  She also made a mighty effort at tree climbing all by herself ...


Isabel and Minnie bonded and were very gorgeous together.  Isabel setting up a game with them looking after a baby and Minnie only too happy to learn from her new friend what to do.



The bigger boys, Tom, Omkara and Ilan were adventurous.  The ideas were flying thick and fast and the dynamic worked well and wavered, worked well and wavered.  Fascinating to watch them trying to blend with each other.




Meanwhile, Tom and Oliver shared some lovely time together.


Tommy meandered with us like a very amicable big sponge ... funny description I know.  He just soaked everything in and was very gorgeous to talk with.  He really listened and I wish I could ad a sound bite of him saying yes.  I felt so totally agreed with every time he had a yes to offer, it was full of the sweetest and gentlest of enthusiasm.




No comments: