Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Guess who peeked out ...

On the same day the boys filled the pond, the City of Yarra had a community day for children's week.   We did our own thing in our little pockets of nature where no one ever finds us for hours and when we wandered in amongst what was happening at the farm in the afternoon, it was into a sea of mothers and babies and toddlers.   In amongst it all we encountered a face painter and Cosmos wanted his face painted.  Oli and Samson were amazing, they were happy to patiently wait for about 30 minutes until his turn came up.

'Hmm.mm' says, Cossie as he looks around and considers what he wants.

His running commentary until he got his face painted went something like this ..

'Danella I think I'll have a strawberry .. yep, I'd like a strawberry on my face.'

Some minutes passed by ...

'No, I don't want a strawberry, I think I'll have a Rainbow ... yes I'd like a Rainbow.'

More minutes passed ...

'No, I don't want a Rainbow on my face, I think I want a flower.'

Tic..tic..tic

'I want a white flower on my face .. yes that's what I'll have.'

... and more time slipped past ...

'No, I don't want a white flower on my face ... I think I'll have a white chair, yeah a white chair.'

All the waiting parents were privy to Cossies out
loud considerations and at this point when we'd slipped from the poetic white flower to the pragmatic white chair ... there was a lot of stifled laughter.

The whole while, he watched both face painters and all the little colourful faces passing by and finally it was his turn.

The lady he sat with asked what he wanted and he said, 'Grass.'
She looked surprised and asked, 'Grass?  Do you want me to paint grass on your face?'

To which Cosmos replied, 'Yep, I do.'

She looked at me a little confounded and I said, 'If Cosmos wants grass I think it would be great if you could give him some.'

Cosmos then turned with appreciation on his face and said to me, 'Yes because then I'll look like a little grasshopper looking out ...'

... and in that moment all hearts melted into a big puddle on the ground ...

... and here's our little grass hopper ...




On

No comments: