Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A moment here and a moment there ...


A moment with each of Carly's gang on wednesday ...

Monique ...

Monique sat on the seat in the barn with her eyes closed and I asked, 'What
is it that you're doing Monique?'

She replied, 'My Mummy told me, when I get out of bed, we start to daydream and I am dreaming of when I lose my first tooth ... that the tooth fairy will bring me an Arielle statue and that will make me very happy!'

What a lovely little moment that was, quietly dreaming of something she is looking forward to.

Samson ...

I came over to Samson while we were under the peppercorn tree.  He was standing on a bench with his hands on his hips and I asked, 'What are you being Samson?'

He replied with 'I am a super hero!'

'Oh Wow!', I said, ' ... and what super powers do you have? Can you fly?'

He said, ' ... NO, I'm just a kid and a super hero.'

That's all he needed to be.  What a gem.

Lola ...

It was so lovely wathcing Lola today, I noticed on many occasions she was really observing the whole group, caring for each of her friends and just being very sweet.

She was helping me a lot today, if one of the group was a bit behind, she would run back, take their hand and encourage them to strive on.

... ... also caring to make sure no one felt left out in the games, and giving
them options of what they could be in the game, like, 'Natalie, would you like to be the baby, the dog or the kangaroo .. ?' (now there's a choice to be made!)

Mu favourite moment was quite a big sisterly moment when Luke was laying down in the barn.  I was reading a book to all of the children and Lola stopped listening to her story, saw Luke, went and got another book and took it over to Luke and started reading him a story.

Very caring and thoughtful.

Natalie ...

We were coming through the garden between the chickens and the stables ... back up to the barn and there were two ladies with prams in front of us.

I asked the girls if they would hold the gate open for them.

Natalie ran up to the gate and with all her might, opened the gate and stood there with a big Natalie smile on and held it open for them.

As it is quite heavy, she was wobbling a bit, yet she really wanted to do it and I could see she was struggling ... ... all the same she stood there 'til her good friends Lola and Monique came to assist her and a wash of relief came over her face, still smiling though.

Good on you Natalie ...

Luke ...

At the end of the day, we were all in the barn and Luke was quite tired.

He lay himself down on the bench and I covered him with my jacket.

Lola went over and read Luke some books and sure enough within a few minutes, Luke was fast asleep!

This caught the attention of everyone who passed through the barn, saying how absolutely adorable he was.

So glad he felt comfortable enough to give himself what he was needing most of all.




Farm 15.09.10c

No comments: