Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How beautiful ...

This morning in the witches garden, Mika suddenly piped up with a big, 'Sa-pize! It's your birthday', and came to me with her little hands full of things she'd been collecting for my birthday gift.  She had little leaves and bits of grass and twigs and pine needles and gum nuts.  Everything was put on my knee and she began giving me all the gifts.

'These are for your ears', she said giving me the little gum nuts like tiny little earrings ... 'and these are clips, for your hair' ... ... 'taking a look at my hair and announcing I needed a haircut, picking up two little twigs, giving me a cut ... then gently placing the 'clips' in my hair.  She stood back, took in her work so far and then got some pine needles, a put them in the top of my shirt and said, 'These are for your shirt'.  By this time, Pepper and Lola were fascinated.

Next she took a long pine needle sort of thing and put it across my face and hooked it behind one ear, then the other and then placed leaves up underneath, like an elaborate adornment.

She stood back and looked again, her eye on the detail and making little adjustments hear and there.

Then she announced, 'Shoes' and I put my feet out and she came and waved her hands over my feet, saying, 'Pink, purple, sparkles, there's your shoes.\'

If I looked half as beautiful as she was dressing me and seeing me then I'd have to say I'm a very gorgeous woman :)

I found her attention to what she was doing and feeling for creating beauty quite something else.

Next it was Lola's turn and she loved it.

Mika really let herself be seen and felt in this today and she was a real delight for us all.


... and along with this we all had loads of funny piling on top or each other at one point in the day ...




... and playing in some seriously long, very luscious, very green grass, ah the simple things ...




No comments: