Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nothing is impossible ...

As we walked across the open space between the Farm Cafe, Reception and  the Peppercorn Tree near the chickens on friday morning, Magnus bent down picked something up and looked at it with a delighted face.

He'd just discovered a long handled teaspoon on the ground.   He made one comment with a huge smile, 'Look what I found.'  From the look on his face, it seemed he had quietly discovered a treasure

For the next hour as we played he'd hold it and look at it and turn it over, continuing to play and walk with us, while having this other quiet process going on over the spoon.  He'd come to me at different times and ask if I could put it in my pocket while he climbed or ran or played some game as we went.  He'd then come and get it, hold and look at it and continue on.

Later as we walked near the chicken houses and woodfired oven, Magnus with spoon in, hand turning it and contemplating, suddenly burst out with, 'I know I can dig up the house!'

It was like he'd been quietly wondering all along what wonderful thing he could do with what he'd discovered.

He turned to me and said, 'Nella, I can dig up the house with this!' ... then  noticed the water tank to his left as he said this to me and itching with desire to start burst forth with, 'I can dig this tank up first.'

... and indeed he tried.

No comments: