Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Friday, May 25, 2012

Sonny ...


We have a new little friend on thursdays.  His name is Sonny and this first pic is one of the very few I have of me with any of the children.   It happened in the most natural and beautiful of ways.   We had gone into the goat paddock to get up close with the goats, who were all laying blissfully and peacefully in the sun.   A young mum nearby was watching us all and asked about what we were doing.   As I shared with her what our day was about, one of the goats nuzzled in behind me and started rubbing my shoulder and neck as I spoke.  When I stopped speaking she stopped nuzzling.  At the same time, Sonny got a smidge overwhelmed with the size of the goats as a few started to stand up.   So into my lap jumped Sonny.   When he did, the goats circled us and blessed us with some up close goat style love.   Jenny close by witnessed all this and said, 'I just have to take a picture of this for you.'  Which she did ... and here it is for your all to enjoy.  

Right after this snap I think it was, the goat over Sonny's head came down for a closer look and as she did, her two long silky ears dropped down, one on either side of his cheek and Sonny peered up at the goat between the ears.

So gorgeous, so intimate and for Sonny ... so safe with my lap to sit in while all this happened.


Guinea pigs are fun ...


... and so am I!

No comments: