Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Abseiling and rescue time ...

I love the spontaneity of children entering a space and immediately a world opens up for them.   

On friday morning, down near the stables, the children told me they wanted to go 'There' ...

Not sure, where we were headed, I asked, 'Where are we going?'

'There, there' .. came the reply and I saw one little hand on Ari pointing to a little place near a fence that they all climbed up to.

Soon Ari noticed a rope near by.  All the children immediately got really delighted by the scrawny bit of hay bale tie that was on the fence.   Now in the land of 'There' ... was a rope.

Yoshi immediately set about to get hauled up by Ari ... and together they made a mighty effort for that ...



Frieda on the other hand set off to do a little abseil ...



All the while Olivia was right nearby with me, more interested in the sheep and the puddles than she was in the rope adventure.

A little further on in the day, Ted was convinced that he couldn't climb the Peppercorn tree by himself.   I've seen him really be courageous and bold climbing things in the last week ... and was feeling pretty sure he was just thinking he couldn't because he hadn't yet experienced that he can.

I encouraged him to have a go and while he wasn't sure he'd get there ... he decided to at least try ... so long as I was standing close to lend a hand if needed.

Lo and behold, surprise surprise ... Ted made it up into the Peppercorn tree all by himself and he was P.L.E.A.S.E.D as pleased could be ...


Hey I did it, I did it myself!!


Whoa .. didn't think I could, am I really up here now?


Yep, sure am ... and it feels great!

Suddenly Ted was his own superhero.

No comments: