Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mermaid magic, dinosaurs and shadows ...

The last two weeks in have seen some beautiful Winter weather down at the farm ...

The mornings have been crisp and the sun glinting through the trees and making everything feel magical. It's also been really muddy underfoot and with gumboots on my gang have been enjoying the muddy ground so much!

This last Wednesday found the whole group playing dinosaurs for most of the day!


There was much stomping in puddles , making of 'dino - door' houses by Luke and making and collecting the 'dindo' eggs by Natalie.

It was beautiful to see the whole group at play creating dino land.

During the play, Lola decided to turn into a magic mermaid so that she could turn into anything....."I can turn into a dinosaur...watch me!".

Monique, having been splashed by some mud from some excited dinosaurs, decided that she would try some of that mermaid magic to see if it would help her dirty clothes situation...

"Magic magic come to me, change myself and make me a mermaid"......"and then I'll change myself and into my tracksuit and that will be good!"

..and it did in fact work, because not long after that she was changed into her dry clean tracksuit!

We were all really enjoying the afternoon sun and played with our long shadows on the ground. They were perfect for making great animal shapes but mostly it was just exciting to see how long they were!




Luke so joyous about his shadow and kept pointing at it saying to me, "thats my yadow, thats my yadow!'.....so gorgeous!

Farm 14.07.10 and 21.07.10k



No comments: