Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2 vignettes to make you laugh ...

First Vignette ...

Samson, Oli, Kornelius, Frankie-Belle and Harvey are each and all real characters.

Samson sat opposite Oli while we picnicked today and Oli could see the fire engine on Samson's tee-shirt.  He was looking at it and said, 'I dont' like fire engines, they're scary.  The make noise, they loud and go fast.'  He was very anitmated arms moving to tell half the story and interjections of siren sounds happening too.

Once he'd got all that out, he looked at Samson and said, 'I like your tee-shirt.'

Samson having just taken in Oli's story about fire engines looked down at his tee-shirt and said, 'Why aren't you scared of mine Oli?'

Oli replied, 'I like yours Samson.'

Samson said, 'It's a fire engine, aren't you scared of them?'

Oli replied in a half whisper, 'Yours is very quiet.'

Vignette two ...

Half way through our picnic, it dawned on me that I needed to ring Rebekkahs' school to let them know she was away for the day.   I took a quiet moment between the children to make the call knowing it was only a matter of leafing a brief message.  As the voice instructed, 'Leave a message,' I noticed Samson really taking me in and watching what I was doing.   I said, 'It's Danella connors here,' and as I said my name, Samson's eyes nearly popped out of his head and his face took on a big, 'Huh?!' expression.  He said outloud, 'Danella connors!'  and then again, 'Danella Connors!'

Meanwhile, I'm on the line now trying to keep a straight face and leave my number.

Samson, kept on, 'Hey Harvey, did you hear what she said?'  Harvey was distracted so he tried once more, 'Hey you guys, did you hear? She said, Danella Connors' ... by this time he was laughing and the others had tuned in. 

Samson couldn't believe what I was calling myself. 

Of course to him and every other child who comes to the farm, I'm just 'danella'.

Anyway, by the time I got to, ' ... letting you know Rebekkah is ... ' in my message ... Samson had everyones attention and seemed not one of them could believe I was calling myself 'Danella Connors'.   They were all repeating it, looking at each other, laughing and taking the mickey out of me big time.

The whole tone was, 'Who are you kidding danella, we all know your real name is just danella.'

Meanwhile, I'm almost in hysterics trying to finish my 60 second message and imagining how funny it would sound to the person on the other end when they got it ...

Finally, message done laughter dies down and Oli shakes his head and says, 'That's not your real name you know,' leaning forward for emphasis and looking straight at me saying, ' ... it's Danilla Packer.'  ... !?!??

Now figure that one if you can ...

No comments: