Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's my name?

On Tuesday, down in the Witches Garden, Frankie, Mieka, Mac and Archie were enjoying a picnic together.  As things wound up food wise, one little bod noticed a container amongst my things with some Arnott's shapes in them and asked for one.   I said, 'As soon you finish what you have I'll share some with you.'   Of course this meant everyone wanted a 'bickie'.  

One little hand after another reached for a shape and nibbled away and come back for another.   All the while, there were little voices piping up with, 'Bickie pwease.' or 'More, more peas.'

At the same time, the children were talking about names and I was asking them what my name was. I was getting things like, 'Not mum', 'Um .. mm' 'Nulla.' 

Frankie came up close and I turned to her and asked, 'What are you going to call me Frankie?'  She bit on her shape, turned her head as she looked at me as if taking a moment to contemplate and said, ' ... ... Bickie-more-more.'  As she spoke she  broke into the biggest shimmery smile, looking me directly in the eye with the fire of her wit aglow.  I laughed outloud at her joke and she fell apart laughing.  'Bickie-more-more' I laughed ... 'Everybodies calling me that aren't they Frankie?'  She loved that I got her joke.  I loved how witty and spontaeous she was with a name for me!

No comments: