Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On a wavelength ...

I have a gem of a story that I feel deserves sharing.  I feel it shines a light on the deeper wisdom and insight, there to be nurtured within a child.

Last wednesday night Cosmos was in my dreams.  The detail illuded me in the light of day.  The feeling didn't though and that was that Cosmos was there with me and we were really communicating with each other for the whole dream.  Not a lot being said, yet connection definitely happening and strong.

The next morning I pulled two oracle cards for inspiration for my day.  One I shared with friends where it felt really relevant and the other I saw as an omen for me.  It was the bat card from Jamie Sams, medicine cards,  symbol of rebirth.

Later in the morning in the middle of our play Cosmos looked right into my face and said, 'There's bats danella,' ... ... he stopped and looked around and said, '... bat's.'

At that point, I'd hadn't shared the card I'd pulled with anyone.  There'd been no mention of bats in conversation that morning, nor in any thread of talk or play over time between the children Cosmos is with.

Throughout the morning, perhaps three of four times, Cosoms spoke to me of bats.  He was always up close and personal and it would seemingly come out of the blue.  At one point as we sat in front of the open fire place in the barn, on a blanket eating. He looked into the fire place and again said, 'Bats, there's bats.'  I asked him, 'Where are the bats Cosmos?'  He looked at me and the fire place and said, 'In the cave.' 

This is part of the medicine card teaching, the symbology of the bat in the cave as a symbol of rebirth.

No information had been openly shared about bats, no conversation had been had within Cosmos's hearing, yet hear he was deeply intuiting and tapping into something to do with me.

Later in conversation with Stuart, his dad and Julie, his mum, it came up that they felt he was on a wavelength with me.

I had already experienced how deeply.

To me children are on a wavelength of feeling, seeing, intuiting and perceiving life that is deeper and richer and more connected to the spirit of life than most of us realise.

The whole farm experience honors expression of this and the importance of being able to connect and be with our children more than anything else.

 Cosmos

No comments: