Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Friday, September 30, 2011

When I grow up ...

Out of the blue, Magnus said today ...

'Nella, when I grow up, I want to be ... ... ... ... a elf!'

Later as we played under the peppercorn tree, he was really busily searching for things and told me he was looking for something I couldn't understand.  I asked a couple of times what it was .. and he said, 'A fa-koon ... I'm looking for a fa-koon.'

I asked, 'What's a fa-koon Magnus?'  He said, 'You know ... one of dose sings when a calla-pillar turns into a butta-thly.'

I also witnessed and encounter between Ted and a 'baby' that made me smile.   Ted noticed a toddler ... maybe 16 months or so, walking away from his parents.   This toddler was a good few centimetres taller than Ted.  Ted announced, 'I'm going to get that baby.'  He ran over, put his arms around 'the baby' to pick him up and bring him back to his parents and realising he couldn't do what he'd set out to ... he stood back, looked at 'the baby', who looked right back at him, leant in and gave a huge hug and a kiss and said, 'Bye!'

The parents nearby were aware of the whole thing going on and couldn't quite get over Ted.  

No comments: