Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Auf wiedersehen Frieda ...

Today was such a wonderful day. The sun beamed down on us and everyone seemed to be just, having a really good time together.

We were also celebrating Frieda’s last day with us. I really wanted to be with the children and to let them know this. As I was talking with them all about it this morning, I said to Frieda, "I’m really going to miss you.’ I then asked Mac how he felt about it. Frieda jumped in and said ‘No, you won’t miss me because I’m here!’ Mac, Frieda and I all started laughing and I thought to myself, ‘Thank you Frieda for reminding me to just be in the moment, that being, right now. Here we all are together, let’s enjoy our day and just have fun together.’ So that’s what we did.




We had a great play in the sand pit (horse corral). While Mac and Frieda were busy making cakes in the sand, Dan, Mieka and I went on an adventure in a boat across the seas. We sang Yellow Submarine and a couple of other made up songs. It was great fun!


After that we all went over to the horse stables. They have recently built a new undercover area on the back of the barn. We all linked arms under there and danced a barn dance together, singing more songs and laughing a lot ...



By this time it was already 11.30am and I knew we had a really yummy cake that Frieda’s mum Emma had made for us to share so; we trekked back up to the peppercorn tree to eat our lunch and share in some of the yummy cake. We all devoured our slice of flourless orange and almond cake, thank you Emma. Then Frieda opened her little present from me and we had a little moment of wishing Frieda well on her big holiday overseas to see her German grand parents ... and also the next phase of her life.

A lovely longer pick up time at the end of the day with parents and with lots of love from everyone.

We all wish you well Frieda, Otto, Emma and Steve. Thank you for the blessing of Frieda as part of our Friday group.

No comments: