Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

'Cop-corn' and a 'cup of dollars' ...

From Collages
It seems it's almost like a toungue twister for two year olds.  Daisy wanted to know what I had in a paper bag today and she was convinced it was 'Cop-corn'  (turned out it was a sandwich ... a bit disappointing for a girl expecting  something else.   I smiled as she said, 'Cop-corn', it's a common turn of phrase for little folk and I had visuals of police eating corn on the cob in my minds eye.  

A while later playing a game, Daisy walked away from Milana and Cosmos, busy looking for something.  I asked what she was looking for and she said, 'Some money.'   Milana called out, 'Just get a cup of dollars Daisy,' so I could see it was part of the game.  The discussion so cute as a 'couple of dollars' to their ears had become expressed as a 'cup of dollars'. 

'Here's a cup of dollars Daisy?' 

'I got my cup of dollars.'

... all I could do was smile.

No comments: