Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Samson's sanger ...

Samson tucked into a big vegemite sandwich for lunch.

After a few bites, he stopped.   I watched as he looked a little disappointedly at his sandwich only to hear him say, "That's not very good of mum."

To my eyes his sandwich looked totally fine and I decided to ask a few questions to find out what the problem was.

I said, "What's wrong Samson, don't you like the vegemite?'

He replied, "I do."

So I asked, "Is there too much?"

"No."

"Don't you like the bread?"

"I do."

Then I asked, "So what is it Samson? What's wrong with your sandwich?"

He looked at me with his big blue eyes and said in a quiet, yet very disappointed voice, "It's got a hole in it!"

... and sure enough, there was a hole in one piece of bread which meant you could look into the middle of the sandwich and see the vegemite and bread on the other side ... and I might add ... a very small hole.

Samson then added, "I'm not going to eat that." ... as if he could hardly believe that Anna had given him this for lunch.

... and for those of you who don't know, on a day when bread has no holes in it, (well none that get noticed anyway), Samson LOVES a vegemite sandwich.

Next thing Frankie gave a little shrug and a smile and offered her solution, "Well, sometimes my dad makes me a sandwich with a hole in it and I just eat the hole too."

No comments: