Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Something a little tropical ...

Jyra snuggled up next to me yesterday, took my hand and placed hers in my palm ... out palms facing each other.   She looked at her hand against mine ... then moved her small hand around all over my larger one. She rested hers in the middle of mine for a moment, turned my hand over, looked for a moment ... then bounced up and started picking things from a very high tree in front of her that only she could see.
She reached high and kept placing the bounty into her other arm.
I asked, 'What are you getting Jyra?'
'Coconuts, lots of coconuts.' she replied.
I watched quietly as this somehow felt like it was about both of us and what she'd experienced in taking my hand.
Soon she stopped picking and started to hold a coconut under her arm and to pierce it open.  I don't know how much time she's spent in the tropics in this lifetime, yet she was very convincing with the coconuts.
I asked, 'Are you going to drink them?'
She said, 'No, I got to get the juice.'
Then as I asked, 'What for?' ... she sat beside me looked into my face and said, 'To paint your finger nails ... I'm gonna paint ... with coconut juice.
She then picked up a feather, took my hand and tenderly and attentively painted ... and all I could feel was her love, and attention. A love so big that it sent her coconut picking to bring back the juice just for me.


No comments: